Skip to main content
You are not a member of this wiki.
Pages and Files
Overview of OP&L
How it Works
AOP Format & Process
Q & A
LAC OP&L Case Study
Operationalizing the OP&L in Country Offices
Programmatic alignment to MDGs, other impact indicators and underlying causes of poverty
impact measurement systems
that measure impact at the project and national levels
Implementation of baseline
Adopt new AOP format, including regional and CO priorities, based on baseline data results
Adapt data gathering tools to CO priorities, as necessary
Current steps needed for fully operationalizing the OP&L in LAC
1. Form an OP&L team that consists of the ACD (or equivalent), M&E coordinator, IT , HR and Finances. This team dedicat will dedicate time at first to understand the logic of the system (for what is it useful?) and the data gathering tools.
2. Identify the organizational structure and spaces in which the system will operate and through which the information would flow
For example, in CARE-Peru the spaces in which the system operates are:
Senior management team (CD, ACD, the four people responsible for program support areas (finances, HR, administration and IT), plus two rotational members from the field).
Expanded senior management team (members of senior management team, plus coordinators of programmatic teams, rotational members and representatives from certain projects)
Identify information flows that will need to occur within and between the aforementioned spaces/groups. Determine schedules for information flows (data collection, analysis, and review for learning, planning and decision making) in accordance with regional and organization-wide processes.
3. Identify roles and functions for individuals and groups
4. Train a network of 25 facilitators in the use and application of the data gathering instruments A, B and C. Facilitators learn to apply the tools in ways that would promote learning and reflection of the Project teams. These facilitators also follow up and monitor actions that support information flows between the different groups.
5. Establish an information system or expanded existing information systems to incorporate a component for the OP&L. This system facilitates data entry, storage, analisis and reporting of OP&L data. Coordination with the LACRMU will be necessary since all CO systems will need to be linked to a regional or global performance information system once it is developed.
Present the OP&L to staff at different levels so that they understand its importance and implications of the OP&L system for the organization.
Tip from CARE-Peru:
"La utilidad del DAO queda entendida cuando la gente entiende primero PARA QUE SIRVE Y POR QUE ES IMPORTANTE PARA LA ORGANIZACIÓN un sistema de estas caracteristicas y el tipo de informacion que es capaz de generar, antes de explicar COMO FUNCIONA (instrumentos, procesos y demás dentro de una logica de implementacion del sistema) entonces, al ser un tema nuevo para la organización el trabajar con sistemas de desempeño, es mejor empezar por aquí, y no al reves....Entonces y para evitar confusiones, se debe explicar y que quede claro lo
qué significa desempeño organizacional (conceptualmente),
que entendemos también por aprendizaje organizacional..." ~Claudia Sanchez, CARE-Peru
help on how to format text
Contributions to http://opm.care2share.wikispaces.net/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Turn off "Getting Started"